5. Make a plan now for what to do with your pets if you need to evacuate.
6. Post emergency telephone numbers by your phones and make sure your children know how and when to call 911.
7. Check your insurance coverage - flood damage is not usually covered by homeowners insurance.
8. Stock non-perishable emergency supplies and a Disaster Kits.
9. Use a NOAA weather radio. Remember to replace its battery every 6 months, as you do with your smoke detectors.
10. Take First Aid, CPR and disaster preparedness classes.